jueves, 8 de abril de 2010

Lola de Valencia


Entre tant de beautés que partout on peut voir,
Je comprends bien, amis, que le désir balance;
Mais on voit scintiller en Lola de Valence
Le charme inattendu d'un bijou rose et noir.

Charles Boudelaire

As I had to memorize a poem for my French class, I scanned my Les Fleurs du Mal book and found this poem. Lola de Valencia, née Dolores Melea was a balet dancer that insired Baudelaire after he saw her performing at Paris. Also, Manet did this portrait as part of a collection on Spanish artist.

It made me think of my friend Mariana, I hope she becomes famous and gets her portrait paint ;)

3 comentarios:

Jules dijo...

Such a nice photo. An art indeed. =D

Jules
Soloden.Com
The Brown Mestizo

Imelda dijo...

Great poem and what a great painting!

Unknown dijo...

Awesome. I like this painting.

Solo
Travel and Living
Job Hunter