sábado, 12 de enero de 2008

about movies

Yesterday my dear cousin took me to the movies, we watched We own the night. I must say I still don't know what to feel about the movie as it was not that bad or good. However, I liked Joaquin Phoenix and Eva Mendes' performance, and talking about her, the clothes she wears are amazing, also the make up.


As I was feeling sad because I lost my mobile phone (but my mom already bought me a new one exactly the same as the lost one, I just hope it does not become a curse over the pink mobile) and other stuff (yes, I almost lost my head this week) I decided to refuge in books. Right now I'm reading Atonement by Ian McEwan. I have only read 50 pages but I'm loving it. The movie is coming too but I don't know if I'm going to see it, not because it's based in a novel I've read but, mainly, because Kiera Knightley does not convince me as an actress. However, there are movies that I'd like to see: In the land of women- just because Adam Brody is there. And El orfanato as it reminds me to El espinazo del diablo, but reloaded. And I hope my cousin would take me to see I am legend.

7 comentarios:

Seeker dijo...

here we haven't much places to see movies that are new, so when I go to the mainland I see all I can get. We have cable TV and that's it.
Hope you'll keep your cell phone :)

xoxo

Anónimo dijo...

I am legend is a great book i think a great movie too.
I hope your dear 'cousin' takes you to the movies soon.

ATTE. your 'uncle'

Olimpe dijo...

I always forget that you and Uriel are my uncles.. you are so young and so away from the life my mother and the others aunt lead. Sorry! But that it as a compliment, I consider you young.

The seeker: now I'm intrigue and I want to know where you live.

Kenshin Fa dijo...

don't do it! you promised not to watch movies based on books.

Memo de León dijo...

But Keira was sooo good on Pride and Prejudice. Not to mention that the whole crowd is back for Atonement, that is Joe Wright and Dario Marianelli.

Please give good ol' Keira a chance, haha.

Romeika dijo...

I had a similar impression of "We Own the Night", due to the transformation Joaquin's character suffered in the film..it didn't quite convince me and it seemed unlikable to happen.. But he's such a good actor.

And Eva's definitely gives her best performance ever!

Cool you're reading "Atonement";-)

Olimpe dijo...

Hola Romeika, espero que ya estes más a gusto en tu nueva casa.
Memo. No me gusta Kiera y punto.