martes, 8 de julio de 2008

free time

School is so over now. I've decided to take one week off and then start to work on my diploma thesis..that makes me feel so old. In the midtime, I've been living a life away from the computer. You have to undertand that for three weeks I was stuck in my house, in front of the computer, writing essays. That life is over... I guess I'll miss it.

So this time, I've been watching movies, one of my fab was Little Miss Sunshine-- so interesting. I, also, watched Batman Begins. I liked it.. basically how it deals with the figure of the hero. They seemed more interested in presenting us how Batman's identity is constructed instead if him just beating the bad guys.. let's see what happens with The Dark Knight. It called my attention that two of the Batman girls have become wives to Tom Cruise..is Maggie Gyllenhaal the next one?

Also, I went to see Salvador Dali's exhibition.. I'm not entirely sure if it is a good idea to display fragments of the exhibition in different parts of the city. I guess more people manage to see it but they don't see it complete, which is a shame. But well, I manage to see everything: what was in downtown and the part out and inside the museum. Here, one of my fab pieces.


Besides, I've been meeting with old and new friends..the gossip has been really good. Also, I've been able to do some serious shopping, I'll show you my purchases later. Now I'm watching Nana. Melisa, so kindly lend me the dvd... I love their voices and the songs.
Mona had a quiet birthday. She simply ate a lot of her favorite things. We'll go to her favorite park when the wheather gets better; for instance, today has been rainning the whole day.
I'm doing my best to catch up with your posts... you write a lot my dears.

4 comentarios:

Seeker dijo...

Oli!!!!
My dear, it's sooooooo good to welcome back you :)

Now this is a really hard time, time for some changes...
Which always brings some kind of crisis.
I think you did right, relax and than put your thoughts in order.

Enjoy your life now, have fun and take care.

Love

xoxoxo

Imelda dijo...

Enjoy the holidays!
I love little miss sunshine, such a great movie.
I can't wait to see your buys!

Elizabeth dijo...

Life is changing for you. I'm happy to hear you are making progress and changes.

:D

Olimpe dijo...

the seeker and enc: yes, I'm being brave. I'm happy about it. Thanks for your encouraging comments.

imelda: I'll post them soon.