domingo, 14 de diciembre de 2008

getting in touch: Nadine Gordimer

Last month, on November 19, Nadine Gordimer, nobel prize winner, visited my faculty. She came to Mexico as part of Carlos Fuentes' celebrations. Fuentes is a succesful Mexican writer. The festivities lasted about a month. Well, Gordimer came to the faculty because she wanted to chat with us, literature students, to know what's in our minds.
The interview was great. I liked the way she answered. I must say that I've just read one of her books, so I can't give you my opinion about her work. However, she seems a very kind person, interested in the social problems that affect her country and the world in general. What I liked the most is that she didn't present herself as a victim of the regime, instead, she seems aware of her own place and tries to help from that position.

She answered all our questions.


I was afraid that I might not like her as a person, you know, there are amazing writers who know how to work with words marvelously but they are horrible inside. Luckily, Gordimer was brilliant, the things ended up better than what I expected.











pic 1. Nadine Gordimer at Carlos Fuentes' talk
pic 2. Nadine Gordimer and Nair Anaya at the faculty

5 comentarios:

Seeker dijo...

What a great opportunity!!!
I'm so glad you enjoyed it.

Oh dear... I must answer you soon...
Thank you for being so kind with me and have patience.

Lots of love
xoxo

Anónimo dijo...

y luego???? no volveré a comentar tu blog si no haces un hi5 o un facebook y me dejas comments... hoy lo viiii, me gusta me gusta me gusta...


pd. aaaaaaaaaaa no me acuerdo de mi contraseña de esta cosa!

Anónimo dijo...

thank for u'r comment. see my blog everytime ok!!!Diana vs susie part 2 will be there in my blog HOTTALOTTA.BLOGSPOT.COM. Send u'r comment again ok!!!

Romeika dijo...

Wow, such a great opportunity to meet a nobel prize winner! Thanks for sharing it with us:)

Elizabeth dijo...

That sounds like a cool experience! I'm happy to hear that the author was a nice person.