domingo, 25 de octubre de 2009

fairy tales


She thought fairy tales were a bad idea, especially ones involving princesses who were awakened from long sleeps upon being kissed by a prince; apparently stories like that would give the children, all girls, the wrong idea about what to expect in the world when they grew up. Her speech on fairy tales always amused me because I had in my head a long list of things that contributed to wrong expectations in the world, and SOMEHOW fairy tales did not make and appearance on it


from Lucy by Jamaica Kincaid

3 comentarios:

Romeika dijo...

I agree with this quote, but somehow, I still like fairy tales.. :)

Seeker dijo...

Well.... I like fairy tales, the problem is that they end at the point that things really start, so we aren't informed about what's next... and that's the difficult part ;o)

Lots of love

xoxo

Kenshin Fa dijo...

jajajaja!!!!!!!!!! I agree, i guess that if i were asked the first name on my mind would be "Candy Candy" rather than "Sleepybeauty" or "Cinderella"