lunes, 18 de octubre de 2010

love letters


Oh, my.. I'm so
obsessed with reading the book EL Joven Orozco. Cartas de amor a una niña!
Believe me.
But it is a little bit too expensive for my finances, at the moment :(

I don't know the story so well but it turns out someone found letters written by Jose Clemente Orozco, a Mexican artist, a Muralist to a girl he was in love with. Their romance lasted until his death but they were never able to be together as her parents rejected the proposal and later on, he became famous and a well known artist during the times of the Mexican Revolution and afterwards.
She never got married but he did. Keeping her as an ilusion, as a muse as something unreacheable but inspiring at the same time.
They only recovered the letters written by him, not the replies, so in order to give contex the author, Adriana Malvido, explains certain parts or describes de place, the paintings, the buildings they are talking about for the readers.

I like this kind of discoveries, I feel you can glimpse the B-side of the artist you admire or you can compare the image you have of them with these kind of texts. Sometimes you get disappointed but sometimes you enrich your opinion of them.

I want it, I want it, I want it!!!



No hay comentarios.: